Don’t waste things because if you have lots of food someone else might not have it at all. We generally tend to waste lot many things in our day-to-day lives. It may be electricity, water or anything else that we have in abundance. Just because you have something in abundance and you can afford it, that does not mean that you can waste it. If you don’t need it, then don’t use it.
Some of the very common examples of wasting are food, electricity, water etc.
How to stop them
- When you are going out of your room, you can use the switch to switch off the light and the fans or ACs. The switch is there for a reason. It’s not a big deal. Let’s try it.
- Well eating. It is easy not to pile your plate with lots of food that you may not be able to eat. You can always take a second or a third helping if necessary. Instead of piling up your plate with foods, why not take just one serving and then if you like it, you can keep adding more.
- Using a shower will save lots of water in comparison to using a bathtub to take your bath.
- If you were watching TV, you can switch off your computer. If you are working on your computer, you can focus on it and switch off your TV
- LED bulbs use less electricity in comparison to other bulbs including cfl. Why not use them?